Last updated: February 8, 2017. We can’t argue with numbers: the Teeter Hangups and the Ironman inversion tables are the two best-selling home inversion tables in 2016.
But how to choose between them? What’s the difference between them and why are The Teeter tables more expensive than the Ironman tables? This inversion table reviews guide has all the answers researched for you.
Ready? Let’s go.
The Most Important Factor in Choosing an Inversion Table
Before we go into the Teeter vs. Ironman duel, it’s important to emphasize the most important factor in buying an inversion table – safety.
When you trust your back and neck to a piece of equipment while hanging upside down, you better KNOW that you can COUNT on it.
A low quality table, that’s not sturdy enough, can result in a fall and a spinal injury. That’s why looking for a bargain when buying a gravity table is a BAD idea.
Inversion Table Reviews – Teeter vs. Ironman
1. The Teeter is 48 x 27 x 61 inches and weighs 68 pounds. The Ironman is 49 x 26 x 65 inches and weighs 83 pounds.
2. Both tables have leg clamps and ankle cushions, but for “bigger” men (6’4″, 220 pounds and up), the leg clamps of the Ironman are more comfortable.
For others there is no difference in the comfort level.
3. Both tables can be folded for storage, but the Teeter is easier, as the Ironman requires a wrench and the Teeter does not.
So is with the assembly – the Ironman requires a wrench while the Teeter doesn’t.
4. The Teeter allows you to move further from your back when fully inverted, which allows more freedom to do more exercises without bumping the back.
5. The foot rest on the Teeter table is easier to adjust, which is especially important for taller and heavier men.
6. The Teeter supports up to 300 pounds, while the Ironman supports up to 350 pounds. The Ironman is the highest weight capacity inversion table in the market.
7. The Teeter has 5 year warranty and a 30 day money back guarantee (If you buy on Amazon). The Ironman warranty depends on where you buy it.
8. The Teeter has preset angles at 20, 40, and 60 degrees, and allows for full inversion. The same goes with the Ironman.
9. Price – the Teeter EP 560 has the lowest price of all Teeter models. The Ironman Gravity 4000 best price is this.
To sum it up, here’s our full comparison in a table form:
|Teeter Hangups||Ironman Gravity 4000|
|Weight support||300 lbs||350 lbs|
|User height capacity||4'8" - 6'6"||4'8" - 6'6"|
|Leg clamps & ankle cushions||YES||YES|
|Inverting degrees||Pre-set angles 20/40/60|
Or any desirable angle
|Up to 90 degrees|
|Dimensions||48 x 27 x 61 inches||49 x 26 x 65 inches.|
|Warranty||5 years||1 year for the frame|
|Money back guarantee||90 days on Amazon||Not specified|
|Best Price||On Amazon||On Amazon|
Why Is the Teeter More Expensive Than the Ironman?
The Teeter and the Ironman are probably the two top rated inversion tables today, but:
As you can see, the Teeter hangups models all cost more than the Ironman. In our opinion, this price difference is more about brand authority and popularity and less about quality, but in the end it’s up to you.
And the Winner is…
The Teeter Hangups – 4.7 rating.
The Ironman Gravity 4000 gets 4.5 rating.
And these are the reasons:
1. The Teeter Company is well established with more than 20 years of experience and more than 80 product upgrades behind them.
2. They are the only inversion table manufacturers that are UL1647 tested. This guarantees key safety requirements to ensure endurance and strength of each unit.
No matter which inversion table you decide to buy, we urge you to make sure you go with a well-known manufacturer with a good reputation, so you don’t fall off the device and hurt your back or neck, right?
To your health and happiness,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog..